The Backstage Loft, created by Swiss designer Heinz Julen, is a pioneering cutting edge modern chalet. Built around a traditional 700 year old Stubli, a traditional Zermatt chalet on stone stilts, the property overlooks the River Vispa and is unique with far reaching views over Zermatt and to the iconic Matterhorn.
The views are jaw dropping, with glass walls and lots of open space making the surrounding mountains feel part of your accommodation experience. The blend of ancient Stubli and modern industrial chic is inspiring. There are polished concrete walls and extravagant soft furnishings blended with soft mood lighting and a double height ceiling enables a feeling of space and calm.
This property uses new technology to create ambience for dining, relaxing or enjoying the views. There is also a large whirl pool with electric blue lights and at the touch of a button, the glass wall next to the pool can open to allow guests to enjoy the breathtaking mountain views and fresh Swiss mountain air.
Cutting edge modern design blends with 700 year old tradition.
- The Loft is a 3 minute stroll from the centre of town.
- Ski lifts
- Matterhorn Express Gondola 5 minute walk, Klein Matterhorn 2 minute walk, Central church square 5 minute walk.
- Sion Private airport (1h30), Geneva (3h15) Zurich (3h40) or Milan (3h).
- A spectacular 360 degree panoramic view of Zermatt village and the Matterhorn.
- An Architectural masterclass in combining ancient mountain architecture with modern industrial chic resulting in old wood and stone alongside huge glass windows and smooth concrete walls.
- Main accommodation
- Sleeps 10 adults and 2 children.
- A Whirlpool that can be indoor or at the touch of button, the glass wall around it can be lowered and the whirlpool becomes outdoor.
- Wellness area with shower, sauna & hammam.
- Well equipped indoor gym.
- State of the art cinema room.
- This property has a large outdoor terrace and all floors and balconies look over the village to the Matterhorn.
- The property is managed by a team of professional service staff and a range of professional services are available with rental bookings. These services may include professional host, housekeeping, private chef, concierge and driver service. In addition, our spa services may include access to a variety of massage, pedicures, manicures, hair styling and treatments. Please contact us to confirm the services included, if there are supplemental costs which may apply and any special requirements.
- Chalet Spa
- This property has been verified by Chalet Spa SA Switzerland.